Friday, July 24, 2015

wedding alterations

We pulled this beach wedding off on the cheap - big time cheap. My daughter, Jenny ordered the guys vests and the girls dresses from a Chinese company for about $25/each. It took about a month to receive. The trade off was you get what you get. 

The vests came in and even though they were XXL, the vests were small and needed reconstruction.... like adding 10 inches around the waist.  Good thing she has a talented mom.  I went to JoAnns and bought some lining fabric.

I went to work ripping out the back of the vests. I recut it the needed size and sew'd it back together. It worked.

I had to do the same with this vest.

My grandson got a suit and when it arrived, everything fit but the vest. It was way too small. Good thing his mom ordered an extra vest - size XL. This one was a bit of a challenge. I pulled up the shoulders to get the length - remade the armholes and recut the back to half the size. It's still a little big, but he'll grow into it.

This dress was ordered according to the size charts and when it came it was way too big. I had to take 6 inches out of the waist and redo the bust area.

And then there was my dress, yep I made it. I saw Mother of the Bride dresses for hundreds of dollars, and I had a specific style in mind. I couldn't find what I wanted so I made it. Cost me $32.00 and most of it was spent with the lace. Keep watch on the blog on how I put that together.

No comments:

Post a Comment